How our Lottery works
For just £5 per play you get the chance to win up to £1,000 each month, whilst helping us remain sustainable for the future. Meaning we will be here to provide our services to those that need them, when they need them, at absolutely no cost.
Our draw takes place on the third Wednesday of each month with three lucky winners guaranteed:
How you can play
You must be 16 years or over to join.
You can chose to pay by Direct Debit, Standing Order or cheque by downloading, completing and returning the printable form here.
Return it to Hospice Isle of Man, Marketing Team, Strang, Isle Of Man, IM4 4RP.
Once we receive your application we will confirm receipt, allocate your unique number(s) and let you know the date of the first draw you will be.
Terms and Conditions
Hospice Care is registered with the Gambling Supervision Commission, Charity no. 317
- These terms and Conditions are the lottery rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- The lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of: the Charity Hospice Care under the name of Hospice Isle of Man known as HIoM for the purposes of this document.
- For the purpose of the Gambling, Betting and Lotteries Act 1988, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery.’
- To enter the lottery you must be aged 16 (sixteen) or over
- There will be 3 guaranteed prizes each month, no rollovers
- The monthly prize pot will be £1,450.00 and shall be shared 3 ways. The first prize will be £1,000.00, 2nd will be £300.00 and 3rd prize will be £150.00.
- All tickets for each monthly draw will be priced at £5.00
- The maximum number of plays in each months draw shall not exceed 3000
- All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £5.00 per monthly play to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize
- The monthly draw for the prizes will be made on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at Hospice Isle of Man, Strang, Douglas, IM4 4RP. You do not need to be present at the draw to win a prize in the lottery.
- Any cash prize awarded will be paid by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
- By entering the lottery, the player accepts that as a winner, HIoM reserve the right to publicise a list of the winners via all media outlets and Facebook and Twitter and the website.
- Full payment for each monthly play must be received in the form of cleared funds before a play can be entered into the draw. Cheque payments should reach Hospice Isle of Man by the second Wednesday of the month, in which the draw is to be held.
- The winners of lottery prizes will be contacted by letter or by the specific request of an entrant by email notification.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing HIoM with their accurate up-to –date contact details and HIoM will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details an entrant has provided. Winning cheques remaining un-cashed whether due to changes of contact details, not being notified to the Lottery Office or otherwise the promoter reserves the right to return unclaimed monthly prize to the HIoM after a period of 6 months.
- HIoM shall not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:-
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by HIoM or the entrant from time to time.
- Any delays in the software or other systems used by Donorflex for the administration of the Lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by HIoM or the entrant
- Any refusal by HIoM to accept registration of an individual as a entrant or the cancellation of an entrant
- Any failure to enter a play into any monthly draw
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of HIoM
- Any entrant who has any complaint with reference to the Lottery should refer the same to the Chairman of the board of Governors for determination. Entrants should address a written complaint to: The Chairman, Hospice Isle of Man, Hospice Isle of Man, Strang, Braddan, IM4 4RP
- The Lottery is operated under Isle of Man Law and all entrants who take part in the Lottery submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man Courts
- HIoM is committed to protecting entrant’s privacy. Data that is collected from an entrant is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2002 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chance. If, you wish to receive information regarding other HIoM events via email, please indicate on your application form.
- HIoM reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If, HIoM does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- HIoM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable ground to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- The promoter of the Hospice Lottery is Mrs Anne Mills, CEO of Hospice Isle of Man.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly.
- A copy of these rules may be obtained from our web site www.hospice.org.im or by contacting the Lottery Office at HIoM on +44 (0)1624 647435.
Hospice Care/Terms and Conditions Version 1/3rd May 2012.