Communication Skills: Advanced
A role play based course to enable RNs and Doctors who encounter complicated scenarios to practice advanced communication skills to support people with life limiting illness
At the end of the course I will be able to:
- How to show empathy to encourage people to express their thoughts and feelings
- Increase my confidence to effectively communicate with an individual with life limiting illness
- Assess the individual’s response to information and check understanding and respond appropriately
- Communicate honestly and sensitively with the patient and their family
- Respond to conversations initiated by the individual or those important to them, about the choices they may need to make
How long does it take?
Attendees must be able to attend both scheduled sessions
You should have already attended Communication Skills: Intermediate
Pre-course workbook will be supplied
Attendees are asked to bring their own specific scenarios to discuss & role play
Course is appropriate for Band 5 and above
We are keeping the current situation under constant review and will be changing the way some of our planned training is delivered. You will see some courses being delivered on line (usually via Zoom) or where face-to-face training works best, we will work with smaller classroom numbers. Please still book a place on the course you wish to attend and one of the Palliative Care Academy team will contact you.
You must attend both days to complete this two day course.
Hospice Isle of Man