Everything the Academic Research Team does is informed by and/or informs Hospice care.
The aim of academic research is to find the best ways for Hospice Isle of Man to provide the right care at the right time in the right place for people needing palliative and end of life care on the Isle of Man. The term research is used in its widest sense as the search for answers to specific questions.
We use research to improve care in a number of ways. Some examples include:
- Gathering evidence to make decisions on how we should develop our services by quantifying need, understanding patient preferences while ensuring Hospice sustainability.
- Demonstrating outcomes and added value of Hospice care to our users and funders.
- Raising awareness of research & improving skills of staff.
- Fostering academic links and knowledge transfer in order to provide state-of-the-art care.
- Working with our strategic partners to deliver an Island Plan for Integrated and Palliative End of Life Care.
- Evaluating new models of care and technology solutions to provide person-centred care.
If you would like to take part in one of our research projects or are interested in volunteering with our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.