Communication Skills: Intermediate
A practical course to develop participants’ communication skills to help you deal with other people sensitively using role play to consolidate skills.
Please note: You must have attended a Communication Foundation course before booking a place.
At the end of the course I will be able to:
- Understand the importance of good communication as part of end of life care
- Develop your own skills to communicate sensitively and honestly
- Explore the challenges in communicating with patients, families, carers and other professionals about end of life issues
- Understand emotional aspects of death, dying and bereavement
- Discuss useful strategies when dealing with emotional issues
- Use practical tasks to explore the behavioural responses, such as anger and denial, that you may get from patients families and carers
- Know how to introduce the benefits of advance care planning
- Reflect to identify your own strengths and development needs when communicating with others
FULL - waiting list available