Lottery Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions (“the rules”) of the Hospice Care Lottery.
The Hospice Care Lottery is a form of gambling and participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. More information about responsible gambling can be accessed here.
Hospice Care is a registered charity in the Isle of Man with charity number 317 and is also known as Hospice Isle of Man. Hospice Care is registered with the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission and operates this lottery as a ‘Society Lottery’ under the Isle of Man Gambling, Betting and Lotteries Act 1998. The Isle of Man Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over the Hospice Care Lottery. The promoter of this lottery is Anne Mills, Chief Executive, Hospice Isle of Man, Strang, Isle of Man, IM4 4RP. The cost of each entry ("play") is £5 and players must purchase at least one play and payment must be made in advance.
By entering the Hospice Care Lottery, you agree to be bound by these rules.
- To enter the lottery you must be aged 16 (sixteen) or over and be a resident in the Isle of Man, United Kingdom or the Channel Islands.
- You agree that the purchase of plays of the Hospice Care Lottery is solely in accordance with these rules and is not on behalf of anybody else. Any cash prize awarded will be paid in the name of the entrant only.
- There will be 3 guaranteed prizes each month as advertised on our website. There are no rollovers, prize alternatives and no interest is payable.
- Prizes will be paid within 14 days by BACS or should we not hold your bank account details, by cheque to the address you have provided when you subscribed to the Hospice Care Lottery.
- Where prize winnings are issued to you by cheque, should that cheque remain uncashed or unclaimed after six months, those prize winnings will be cancelled. No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- In order to enter our lottery, you will be required to provide certain personal information including your name and contact information and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise. You acknowledge that we cannot be held responsible for our inability to contact you should you win if you have not provided us with up to date contact information.
- We can at any time and without assigning any reason, refuse to accept and/or cancel your entry. So long as you have complied with the obligations and these rules, such cancellation will not affect your prior purchase of lottery plays nor your rights as a holder of such lottery plays.
- All plays of the Hospice Care Lottery are final and no refunds shall be made at any time.
- You acknowledge that your payment each month to play the Hospice Care Lottery does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
- The monthly draw for the prizes will be made on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at Hospice Isle of Man, Strang, Douglas, IM4 4RP. You do not need to be present at the draw to win a prize in the Hospice Care Lottery.
- By playing the Hospice Care Lottery, you accept that as a winner, Hospice Isle of Man reserves the right to publicise the winners’ approximate geographic location and non-identifying information such as your first name or initials; online, on social media or any other appropriate media type.
- Full payment for each monthly play of the Hospice Care Lottery must be received in the form of cleared funds before your play can be entered into the draw.
- Where you have opted to play the Hospice Care Lottery by cheque, payment must reach Hospice Isle of Man no later than the second Wednesday of the month in which the draw is to be held.
- The winners of lottery prizes will be contacted either by telephone, email or letter.
- You may cancel your play in the lottery at any time by either notifying us in writing, by email or by telephone. If your play of the Hospice Care Lottery is made by Direct Debit, you may also cancel your entry at any time by cancelling the Direct Debit with your bank or building society. If you play by Standing Order, it is your responsibility to cancel this payment with your bank or building society. Any subscriptions you may have made in advance will continue to fund your entry into the Hospice Care Lottery until that subscription amount expires - unless you expressly request a refund.
- You can at any time make a complaint about the Hospice Care Lottery by writing to the Chairman of the Board of Governors for determination, by writing to: The Chairman, Hospice Isle of Man, Hospice Isle of Man, Strang, Braddan, IM4 4RP
- Hospice Isle of Man shall not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from and; delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by us or the entrant from time to time; delays in the software or other systems used by Hospice Isle of Man for the administration of the Hospice Care Lottery; delays or failures in the banking system used by Hospice Isle of Man or the entrant; refusal by Hospice Isle of Man to accept registration of an individual as an entrant or the cancellation of an entrant; failure to enter a play into any monthly draw; or any event beyond the reasonable control of Hospice Isle of Man.
Hospice Care Lottery/Terms and Conditions Version 2/1 January 2020.